First published in Holland in 1660, it documents the stories and testimonies of Christian Martyrs, especially Anabaptist. Translated into German in 1748/49 at Ephrata, Pennsylvania, it contained a massive 1,512 pages. It was the largest book printed in America before the Revolutionary War. Printed continually since then, it is still a beloved book among the Amish and Mennonites today. The Library has the 1660, 1685, 1748/49, and many other editions on display.